The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is designed to be a multifaceted experience, enhanc-ing leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure for Asian professionals. The program also provides the flexibility for Fellows to custom-tailor their own professional development component and to stay in their current occupations while participating in the program’s rigorous modules. The program is comprised of the following five components:
1) The Leadership Training Program offered in partnership with the Korea Development Institute (KDI) School of Public Policy and Management in South Korea;
2) The Workshop on Asian Development, held each year in a different Asian nation;
3) A two-week leadership dialogue and study tour opportunity in the U.S.;
4) A flexible professional development stipend/award of US$5,000; and
5) A mentoring component allowing Fellows
to tap into The Asia Foundation’s extensive human resources and thematic expertise.
The application period starts in the fall of each year. A selection committee, comprised of distinguished specialists, then makes their final decision at the beginning of the following year. The Fellows will be recognized over a year-long period from January 1 through December 31.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AWARD
An award of up to $5,000 will be made available to each of the selected Asia Foundation Development Fellows. This cash award will allow each Fellow the opportunity to design and shape individualized plans to further their leadership skills and relevant professional experience in areas of particular importance to their career growth
and potential. Each Development Fellow will be asked to develop a personalized, year-long work plan that may involve such areas as enrollment in specialized training programs or short courses, language study, travel to attend key regional forums or workshops, or engagement in a series of other enrichment activities to further their leader-ship and professional capabilities.